OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – Six Michigan girls earned all-American honors in the cadet division at the USA Wrestling girls national championship March 27 in Oklahoma City.
Michigan was led by Paige Amy at 132 pounds. Amy pinned her opponent in the second period of the finals to earn her national title.
Other cadet all-Americans include:
- Katlyn Pizzo, 4th place at 108 pounds
- Zoe Nowicki, 6th place at 132 pounds
- Breanna Benham, 7th place at 101 pounds
- Taylor Cutler, 7th at 143 pounds
- Deven Cushard, 8th place at 124 pounds
The Michigan girls will be back on the mat on Saturday, March 28, when the juniors wrestle.
Dominic Adams is a journalist and wrestling coach based in Fenton, Mich. He can be reached via email here.