OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – Ten Michigan girls earned all-American honors in the junior division at the USA Wrestling girls wrestling national championship in Oklahoma City on Saturday, March 28.
Michigan was led by champions 121-pounder Marina Goocher and Hannah Jewell at 139.
Others earning all-American honors include:
- Emily Fuller, second at 130 pounds
- Kenya Spencer, second at 159 pounds
- Theresa Rankin, third at 112 pounds
- Paige Amy, third at 130 pounds
- Sam Cushard, fourth at 172 pounds
- Jessica Book, fifth at 148 pounds
- Terra Cahoon, fifth at 121
- Ali Hernandez, seventh at 117 pounds
The tournament concludes on Sunday, March 29, with the schoolgirls division and junior team duals.
Dominic Adams is a journalist and wrestling coach based in Fenton, Mich. He can be reached via email here.